We are willing to train people who will add value to our team. You may be ready for full-time employment or on your journey to set up for your career. We will consider all applicants for work experience, part-time and full-time employment.
To be considered… You were born to work in the Truck and Trailer industry and have some experience with MIG welding.
Fruehauf NZ Ltd. are leaders in the heavy transport industry with the design, manufacture, service, and repair of heavy transport equipment. Our core values are pride, innovation and teamwork, the minimum requirement for a perfect fit within our business.
We understand these are unusual times, and we want to actively grow our talent-pool in-house. We have a great supportive team to train the right person and will consider your application with less than the ideal experience. If this is you, you must be able to show enthusiasm for our industry.
• Fabricate and weld as instructed by the Team Leader/ Manager
• Follow welding and engineering standards and procedures
• Follow engineering drawings to use correct parts and materials
• Meet and exceed standard build/repair times
• Ensure accurate recording of inventory against jobs and accountability of hours on time/job cards
• Operate and maintain all workshop tooling and equipment in line with manufacture instruction
Skills and Experience
• Medium to heavy welding and fabrication
• MIG Welder – with current AS/NZS 2980 Welding Ticket – preferred
• Strong focus on Health and Safety
• Using all basic workshop tools and machinery
• Interpreting engineering drawings
• Have attention to detail with quality output
• Working as an individual or part of a team
• Have flexibility to work anywhere in the workshop
• With a great attitude and a good work ethic
• You can think outside the box when finding solutions